Strategic Plan 2010-2015
AIMBE provides leadership & advocacy in medical & biological engineering for the benefit of society
AIMBE is the authoritative voice and advocate for the value of medical and biological engineering to society. It is an organization of leaders in medical and biological engineering, consisting of academic, industrial, professional society councils and elected fellows. As such, AIMBE will:
- Communicate objectively with, and respond to, U.S. and state government agencies, Congress, industry, academia, and professional societies by advocating, and providing service to the public via medical and biological engineering;
- Contribute to public policy-making to advance medical and biological engineering and benefit the general public;
- Work to ensure appropriate private and public investment to advance medical and biological engineering translational research and innovation;
- Inspire, educate, and involve young people who will be the future leaders of medical and biological engineering
- Promote intersociety and multi-disciplinary cooperation within the medical and biological engineering community;
- Recognize and honor individual and group achievements and contributions to the field of medical and biological engineering;
- Benefit to society
- Service to medical and biological engineering
U.S. & Global Stakeholders
- College of Fellows
- Academic Council
- Council of Societies
- Industry Council
- Rising Leaders in Medical and Biological Engineering Community
- The Public
- Investors in Innovation
- U.S. Congress and the Administration
- State and local governments
- Patient Advocacy Organizations
- Academic Institutions
- Practitioners and/or their professional societies
Strategic Goals 2009 – 2015
- Cultivate, enlist, enroll and achieve adequate active and involved membership to ensure the health of AIMBE.
- Achieve long-term financial viability of the institute over the next 5 years.
- Position AIMBE as the chief point of contact for Congress and the Administration on medical and biological engineering issues.
- Identify, and foster the big ideas and major issues impacting medical and biological engineering.
- Increase the visibility and significance of the Annual Event making it the most prominent meeting of its kind.
- Improve communications to stakeholders about AIMBE’s accomplishments and relevance.
- Position medical and biological engineers on advisory boards.
- Ensure AIMBE makes contributions to FDA and other regulatory agencies.
- Improve internal operational efficiency to reach organizational effectiveness.